Environment and Sustainable Development
UNDP in Tajikistan strives to contribute towards environmental sustainability through promotion of renewable energy, and strengthening capacities to address environmental and natural resources management challenges in Tajikistan.
The UNDP project portfolio on Energy and Environment has been growing for the past few years, and to ensure its effective programming in this field, a specialized unit has been established. The UNDP’s Energy and Environment programme portfolio is aimed to contribute towards reduction of widespread poverty in Tajikistan by: promotion of income-generating end-use applications of renewable energy sources, ensuring sustainable natural resource management, and educating and involving diverse national and local stakeholders in addressing environmental issues within the country.
- Technology Transfer and Market Development for Small-Hydropower in Tajikistan
- Support to sustainable transport management in Dushanbe
- Tajikistan Water Supply and Sanitation (TajWSS)
- Technical Assistance on institutional capacity assessment and awareness-raising on climate change in Tajikistan
- Promotion of Renewable and Sustainable Energy Use for Development of Rural Communities in Tajikistan
- The Multi-Country Capacity Building (MCB) Project
- Environmental Learning and Stakeholder Involvement as Tools for Global Environmental Benefits and Poverty Reduction
- Climate Risk Management in Tajikistan